Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The fifteenth Day of gratitude

Today I am thankful for living in a place that has four seasons. My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall. Spring gives us hope after a long,cold winter. The green returns and we see patches of color with the flowers. I even enjoy most of the spring rains. Fall gives us a little cooler weather and gorgeous leaves. I love to walk on crunchy leaves, just like the children. Summer is a time to be active, warm, and on the go. I love not having to wear coats and jackets. I love doing things that we don't do the rest of the year. Camping, picnics, swimming, and traveling give the summer a spark of joy. Winter is my least favorite because I don't like to be cold. And I HATE driving on icy roads! The good things about winter are the first good snow that laces the tree branches and gives a clean white look to the world. I love hot chocolate, children playing in the snow (But not ME), a warm crackling fire, Christmas, family gatherings, and snowmen. Yay for four seasons!

No comments: