Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Change

I always take stock at the first of the month to see how I'm coming on my resolutions. I discovered that a friend of mine listed a blog-site on her journey to clean her home. It seems I am always struggling to clean my home so I've been reading her blog entries from the past year. One of the basic parts of the plan is to work on a project for 20 minutes each day until you finish it.
So this week I have begun to clean the Living Room. I have cleaned out unwanted books from all the bookcases and sent them to DI. I have cleaned out the dead parts of the potted plants. I changed the decor from Easter to spring. Tomorrow I will clean the curio cabinet. I really enjoy working on projects because I know I only have to do it for about 20 minutes. And if I choose to, I can work on it longer.
We are also seeing changes in our Church callings. We are being released from the Young Single Adult Ward bishopric. Eight new Stakes for Singles only are being formed in the Salt Lake valley. We go the the Conference Center tonight for information on the changes. On Sunday we meet with our new Stake and we will be released. I have truly enjoyed the past two and a half years that we have served with these delightful young people. It will be different to go back to our home ward. However, that is facing changes too. On May 15th we attend a special Stake Conference to receive information on new boundaries for that Stake. I guess it proves that there is always going to be change. I have decided to enjoy the changes that come! Bring it on!!!

2 comments:

wishbonesandfunnybones said...

Good attitude. What does the new book say about dissolving a stake? What do we do with the materials we still have? I'm just wondering? Maybe I will read in it tomorrow at Gretchen's. Love you.

wishbonesandfunnybones said...

I'm working out of Stacy's account as I check on Kelly. That's why the wishbones came up. It really is me. Love, Bev