Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Come on Down 2013

It is always a special time to start a New Year.  It is a time of reflection, hope for the future, resolutions, and a fresh start.  I basically have the same resolutions as last year, but life is a progressive thing.  Each year I can continue to work on my goals and build on my past progress.  I have done quite well the first week of the year!  I still have a long way to go, but step by step I will get there!
I hate taking down Christmas decorations and a number of years ago I realized that my Christmas decorations included a lot of snowmen.  I have increased my collection and now I have a delightful snowy winter feel.  That makes the change of decor a lot more fun!  We have had more snow this winter, and MUCH colder weather.
I have been so blessed this past year.  Last night our son brought our two-month old grandson to visit.  He was our biggest blessing in 2012!  It was fun to hold him and feed him.  I get withdrawal pains when I haven't seen him for awhile.  He's such a cutie!
The coming year brings hopes for camping, time with family, a trip to Maryland to see our two East Coast grandsons, sewing, and lots of surprises.  I'm glad the Mayans were wrong!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

I'm glad the Mayans were wrong, too. Nice to still have the earth revolving around. Nice to read your positive comments. I'm grateful you have your cute grandson. They are a blessing for grandparents. I'm glad to have you for a friend.
As always, Love, Bev