Monday, January 19, 2009

Delightful Monday

Since I'n fighting a cold I wasn't eager to get out of bed this morning. However, it has turned into a delightful Monday. Amie came up with the idea of rice pudding for breakfast. We used some leftover rice and added milk, sugar, and cinnamon. It hit the spot. Frank called and wanted to know if I wanted to go to Sam's Club. We stocked up on quite a few things. When we got home Amie said Alan was on his way to have lunch with us. That is always special--especially since it is his birthday tomorrow. I hurried and made a casserole and heated some rolls. He was in town to fill out his RN Certification papers. He is now licensed. He has class every Monday and they let him out early today. Yea! We also played pinochle and it was a pleasant afternoon. Amie and the boys took a nap, and I caught up on some undone items. Tonight Frank is taking me out for dinner and we are going to Hale Theatre to see "Cash on Delivery". I also caught up with my childhood friend, Pat, on Facebook. We have known each other for over 60 years. That was a pleasant surprise too. I also read my dear friends blog and am so thankful for such special people in my life. Glad I got up today!!

3 comments:

mombeal said...

Sorry to hear that you have a cold bug. It sounds like your day turned out to be great anyways. You have a great family. I hope they realize what a great mom they have. It is fun to have blog time and then to read about your friends is wonderful. Enjoy Hale Theater. Love, Bev

Gretzbabi said...

The fact that you got up is absolutly perfect! I judge my days on the fact that I make it out of bed,somedays it is so nice to just snuggle down with a good book and dose off and on, yup those were the days! Ha Ha, like never now! Get well and see ya Weds

Larkin said...

Breakfast was good wasn't it?!?