Friday, September 3, 2010

The Red Sea

Rice-Eccles Stadium was a sea of red last night. What a sight! Our Ward worked in one of the concession stands last night. We sold Brats, hotdogs, and BBQ beef sandwiches. We had three, and sometimes four, of us doing the cooking and preparation. We had ten to twelve running the order lines. What an evening! They said that when we had a lull in business, we could eat and take a break. The lull came when there were about 5 minutes left in the game. The attendance was 45,730 with standing room only. There are at least a dozen concession stands and the lines were from half a dozen to two dozen most of the night. We had about eight lines in our stand. I spent the night wrapping hot dogs, making Brats, and keeping the supplies current. We had a power outage that didn't help, but we pretty much kept up with things. THe stadium was NOISY! I think everyone was pleased with the game, except Pittsburgh. We didn't get home until 11:30 pm, but it was a lot of fun. My whole body hurt. I don't think I'm young enough to keep up with that assignment, but I'm glad I had the experience. Go Utes!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Well you are just a busy U fan. Good for you. I'm glad you had the energy for that assignment. It must have been all of those hot dogs that gave the fans the energy they needed to cheer the team to victory!