Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Birthdays

On Friday evening we had a family Birthday party. Our daughter and her son celebrate birthdays this week, and it was fun to get together and enjoy one another. Our grandson turns 14 and has never "celebrated" his birthday so it was fun to share it with him. He told grandpa that he didn't want to do the candles and Birthday song, so we did it low key. He enjoyed the presents and time with his cousins. I had made a homemade devil's food cake that was heavenly. I had made two cakes because the recipe said "serves 12". We had 17 people coming. However, we had cake leftover from the first cake. We sent that with our grandson. Tonight we are having the rest of the cake after a pancake dinner. I hope they finish it off, because I eat too much of it and that is not good for my blood sugar levels. All in all it was a great party! My daughter raved about it and thanked us for having it. We have a terrific family!

1 comment:

wishbonesandfunnybones said...

Sounds like your party was fun with great food! How neat to finally celebrate a birthday! Good for you. He won't forget this one.

Bev