Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hobbies

Yes, I am thankful for hobbies. I'm thankful my husband has a few to help fill the empty times too. I love to read and I'm thankful for my Kindle that has half a dozen books I can read. I enjoyed "A Christmas Carol", "The Scarlet Pimpernel", and a few Christmas stories. I loved "Pollyanna Grows Up" and didn't even know there was a sequel to "Pollyanna". I have two Church books I'm working on, and I've been reading a biography of Abraham Lincoln for a month. I'm finally half way through it. I have Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography and The Scarlet Letter waiting for me.
I have also started sewing quilts and I have six waiting for me in various stages. I'm eager to go to Quilt Club Monday and get more information to help in my quest. By the end of the year, or hopefully sooner, I will have made a quilt for each of my children.
I enjoy picture puzzles too. I received a set of ten for Christmas. So far I have completed three. I am eager to start another one with the Disney princesses. I love to do Sudoku puzzles and play games with my family. We have lots of fun playing Pinochle to Scene It games. I'm glad we're a game playing family!

No comments: