Monday, January 2, 2012

Reflection

This time of year is a reflection period as we face the challenges of a New Year and set goals for the coming year. I just have to reflect on the month of December. We were so fortunate to have our daughter and her family come for Christmas. We hadn't seen them for 2 1/2 years! The little boys were such a joy to have in our home and brought a renewed love of the Christmas holiday. We had all of our family here for my birthday and celebrated by getting family pictures for the first time in almost 9 years. It was GREAT!!! Christmas also brought all of the family and it was a time to treasure. I am so blessed!!!
During the coming year I'm going to do a happiness and gratitude journal. I am so thankful for the opportunity of living at this time and having the gospel in my life. Our New Year was spent with special people. Our grandson was a joy to have here for the weekend. He helped with projects and house cleaning too. I feel so complete with love in my life.
January 2nd: I have enjoyed organizing a few projects. The new 2012 calendars are now in place. I exercised this morning. I am preparing our course of study for family home evening. I am also planning what we need to read to prepare for our classes on Sunday. I attended a BYU Religion class on the Life of Christ. I gained a new appreciation for Joseph Smith's translation of Matthew 24. I am so thankful for the opportunity to attend that class. This enthusiasm will keep me going through out the coming year. I am trying to act on the priorities of life this year. That makes me HAPPY!!!

No comments: