Monday, February 23, 2009

Changes

I'm off to a good start this week. I'm eager to organize and clean, but some of it will wait until my sweet hubby gets over his cold. He came home from work this morning and went to bed, so I know he's not feeling well. He seldom goes to bed when he's sick. I still have a list a mile long to work on that is quieter. I know I need to change some major habits to improve my health and I am working on that too. I guess I got a wake-up call when my classmate, Larry H. Miller, passed away last Friday from complications of Type 2 Diabetes. I hope I can develop a tighter control of my blood sugar and make better progress in my over-all health.
I visited with my son last night and found out he is facing a lot of change. Last Friday he was laid off from his job at the hospital. They also placed a hiring freeze that means he can't even apply for a job there right now. He spent his weekend job hunting. He applied for one job with the Davis County Jail that pays more than the hospital. IF he gets it, he has to take Police Officer training which would make him an EMT, a nurse, a firefighter, and a cop. That would be some interesting changes. They also sold their home this weekend. Now they have to find someplace to live. Another major change when you are unemployed. I hope they can work it all out successfully. Well, I guess I'll go work on some positive changes around here. Have a great week!

2 comments:

mombeal said...

Talk about changes in your son's life all at once. Sorry your hubby is ill. Send him our best. Larry Miller was quite a shock. His money just didn't take care of his blood. Glad you are taking care of yours. We need you. See you on Wednesday. Love, Bev

Gretzbabi said...

I will be praying for your son and hope all will work out but as we know God never closes a door that he doesn't open a window, wow to work as hard as he does and with such great qualifications you would think it would be easy to find something! Love ya