Thursday, December 17, 2009

December

I guess time goes faster when you have lots of things to do. Last Friday we had our Adult Family party and it was fun and we had plenty of food. Saturday morning was the Family Children's party. We made snowmen, snowflakes, piggy banks, designed our own mug, and lots of visiting. Santa came after lunch and I think fun was had by all. Then we went to our Ward Christmas party and had a wonderful dinner and a visit from Santa.
Sunday was our Stake Christmas program. It really filled us with the Christmas spirit. Famliy also came with us. On snowy Monday I finished most of my sewing projects, on Tuesday I finished Visiting Teaching and finished my shopping. Wednesday brought a delightful luncheon with friends and a trip to ZOOlights with some of my grandchildren. That was way cool and clever. Loved the Siberian tigers! They put on quite a performance and we loved it.
Thursday brought grandchildren performing--singing at Truman, orchestra performance in the afternoon, and another granddaughter's choir in the evening. The Christmas spirit has been strong today. I'm so blessed to be able to participate in these activities that enrich my holiday season. I've also enjoyed reading scriptures daily about the Savior, his birth and his mission and sacrifice for us. No wonder this is my favorite time of year.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Zoo lights sound fun. Glad you enjoyed it. Luncheon was nice. It will be great to see you on Wednesday at Gretchen's.