Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New perspective

I just finished the biography of President Hinckley and I am just starting the biography of President Thomas Monson. I realized that these BUSY men kept journals through the years. If the President of the Church can take time to record daily feelings and events, I should be able to also. So that gives me a little more incentive to put down my own thoughts.
Yesterday I was slow moving. I guess my busy Monday needed a quieter day to follow. I did get a record of 2009 recorded on my files. Today I did 2010. I do think those are important items. But one of the best parts of yesterday was a "date" with one of my sons. He called and invited me out to dinner. Serendipity! My husband was working at the concession stands at the U of U, so the two of us took off. It was so delightful to catch up on news and strengthen our friendship. It is not often when you get one-on-one with your adult children. I am so thankful for the Family. This is one of the most rewarding relationships we have in this life. By the way--Thanks to the sweet princess who creates my background for my blog each month! The blessings of family are eternal!!!

1 comment:

Larkin said...

sweet princess huh?? ok I'll take it!