Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break

My grandchildren are enjoying Spring Break this week. I realized that even though I'm retired I can enjoy Spring Break too! I enjoy my Religion class every Monday, but it had new meanings revealed to me as we began studying about the Savior in the Garden of Gethsemane. Can you imagine how the Savior felt as ALL of Satan's hosts joined him in this great battle against the completion of the Atonement? An angel was sent to strengthen Him, but what a battle it must have been. That was a highlight to me to be reminded of this just as we celebrate Easter this week.
I have also enjoyed shopping, lunch with a daughter, watching Hallmark movies, short walks in this beautiful season (allergies notwithstanding), planning hubby's birthday celebration, sending Easter to my grandsons in Maryland, and also sending a surprise to my daughter there. Today I will have lunch with a long-time friend and do a little more shopping. I am looking forward to taking a beginning jewelry making class on Friday. Life is good! I truly love this time of year when we can reawaken to the beauty of the earth and enjoy the blessings we have.

No comments: