Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gratitude

I was reminded in Conference of the need to express our gratitude to our Heavenly Father for our blessings. I have tried to do that more this year, but sometimes my rebellious streak hits and I listen. Today I am so thankful for my dear hubby. He is so thoughtful, helpful, loving, and patient. He has had a really bad cold for about five days. He only gets sick every three or four years and so it hurts to see him suffer. We were so thankful for General Conference so that we could both kick back and just relax and gain spiritual strength.
I am thankful for all of our family. They are so loving towards each other! I am thankful for the many opportunities we enjoy. I am thankful for my health. So often I complain about the little pains and struggles, but I recognized that so many are facing worse struggles than I am and they face it with grace and courage. What wonderful examples! I am planning on better organizing my time so that I can spend more time reading the scriptures and the Ensign. I plan on spending more time in meditation and prayer. I am planning on finding more ways that I can give service instead of complaining about my self. There are some lofty goals, but I'm sure more joy as I strive to improve. I love Conference weekend!

No comments: