Monday, March 9, 2009

Fences in our minds

I read an interesting article that prodded me to examine the fences of my mind. It told of how everyone said that running a mile in four minutes was impossible. Doctors said it was physically impossible. Then in 1954 Roger Bannister ran the four-minute mile. Since then over 700 have broken the four minute mile, mainly because they believed they could do it. We all have things that we think are impossible for us to achieve. So I have been contemplating what things I want to accomplish and identifying what my "fences" are. I hope this awareness will give me a new push in accomplishing some of my dreams. I love that refreshing feeling of hope that comes when we realize who we are and that we have a strength and potential that can help us acquire some of our fondest wishes. Onward!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Okay, I need that kind of challenge. Thanks so much for setting the goal. You are great to inspire me. You are a great person and I love you. Bev