Monday, March 30, 2009

Motivation

I'm reading Mac Anderson's book "Charging the Human Battery". I definately need to increase my motivation in lots of areas, and I thought I might share some things that have been inspirational to me. One thought was that everything that is worthwhile in life is free--our minds, our souls, our bodies, our hopes, our dreams, our intelligence, and our love. All of these priceless possessions are free. To be motivated, we need to identify our values of what is really important when we set goals. As we make decisions, we can make choices that have a great impact on our life. Marcy Blochowiak said, "You are always only one choice away from changing your life." Therefore, we need to choose wisely and commit ourselves to move forward with hope and not give up on something we know is important. We only need the courage to make it. Today I identified some things I felt were most important to do. I realized that I don't need to spend a lot of time on everything, just do the best I could. I have felt a sense of accomplishment and joy in checking off all of the items on my list. Now I have the rest of the day to do a little more. I even had some quiet time to meditate and chose which things I will continue to work on tomorrow. Although many would think I'm moving too slowly, I am working forward with a steady pace. I realize that I am truly blessed. One of my favorite things to do every day is read the blogs of friends, and I have decided that I need to write my insights every day as a dear friend does. I hope you can put up with a philosophical perspective for awhile as I work through some of my personal challenges. I think it will be a profitable journey for me and I hope for others. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Good for you! When we write, it makes it happen. I don't know why, but it does. You are the best you and you are working the best you can. So don't worry about others. I'm proud of you. It is fun to check off the things we've accomplished on our list. Dan writes it and I ask how many things left to do. It is great and makes one feel like they truly are accomplishing things. Maybe somedays my list consists of two things, but my the end of the day it has turned into at least 7. So we all compare ourselves to only ourself. I love you. Bev