Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Right Track

Will Rogers said, "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." I think I let myself get run over. I know I have procrastinated doing some things to improve my health, and I now have to take some drastic steps to compensate for my lack of action. I was reading some journal entries of 15 years ago and realized I had the same health goals then as I do now. I haven't made very much progress. I can see that procrastinating. has been a poor choice. Yesterday I started on insulin for my type 2 diabetis. In two weeks I begin my education phase of treatment and in three weeks I meet with the dietician. I have some challenges facing me and I'm eager to get started. Hopefully I'll quit just "sitting there" and make some lifestyle changes that matter. The insulin shots are easy. The lifestyle will get me further down the right track. Onward!

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

Aunt Lavon,
I love your blog! I found the link on Amie's. I have sent an invite for our family blog to your email address.
Good luck with the health changes. Those are always challenging!

mombeal said...

Good for you. I'll be your cheering section. I know these challenges could be tough, but we both know they are important. So just give me a call when discouragment might set in. I'm here for you. If I don't know the answer, Dan will. We are here to help. Love, Bev