Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Week of Blessings

Sometimes it seems I get so busy with life that I miss some of the good things of life. Today I'm remembering some of the good times of the past week. I love the toothy little grin of my youngest grandson, the unintelligible chatter of the two-year old, the excitement of the dog when someone plays with him, the teasing of grandpa and the giggles that follow, the blue skies, some sunshine, the playfulness of my daughter and her dimple when she's happy, the excited participation of family when playing games, pictures that family share, real mail that makes my day, e-mail from friends, quiet time with my hubby, eating nuts and watching Hogan's Heroes/Gomer Pyle, special friends at Church, special neighbors that are always willing to help, little flowers that are beginning to bud, a good nights sleep, notification that my mammogram came back with no sign of cancer, not having to pay co-pay because I have a credit, low-sugar treats, hugs, laughter, lunch with dear friends, time in the Temple, e-mail from grandchildren, finding something I had lost, reading blogs that I enjoy, playing Sudoku, playing Wii with family, reading the newspaper, reading the scriptures, reading some good books, getting my hair done, ......Wow! It's been a week of blessings! Hope your week was one of blessings too.

3 comments:

Gretzbabi said...

i especially love phoning a friend to get advice on the little things of life, thanks, we loved the dinner You teach me all the time, to stop and count your blessings and let yourself know what a joy it is to think of life and what it offers us
Love you!

mombeal said...

Thanks for reminding to enjoy this trip we call "life". It is a blessing to have a friend like you. I enjoyed the party even more last night because of you. What was your white elephant? It was nice to see you today even if it was only for a minute and across the great big church.LOL I am counting blessings too. Love you a big bunch. Bev

wishbonesandfunnybones said...

The wonderful hymn Count Your Many Blessings is now running through my mind! How great is it to read yours. It makes me want to count mine, too! Thank you!