Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas????

All of a sudden it doesn't seem like Christmas. I have done the shopping, wrapped almost everything, I've played Christmas music for weeks, I've enjoyed Christmas movies, and the decorating has been enjoyed for weeks. Yesterday we enjoyed hearing the Christmas recital of two of our grandchildren who are playing piano. We also had the privilege of helping deliver Sub for Santa items to a sweet family. The darling little Mom just sobbed as we brought in load after load of gifts. "There can't be any more," she would exclaim and fresh tears would slide down her cheeks as more was carried in. The two children hugged all of us and thanked us for this special Christmas. The dear Mom couldn't express her gratefulness for our gifts, but we could feel the thankfulness in her speechless hugs. That was one of the best Christmas moments this year.
So I guess I need to drum up some more Christmas spirit and have a party! Yay! The grandkids are coming for a special time with us. We are having pizza for dinner, and baking cookies for dessert. We will make snowflakes, and maybe some stars. We will make gingerbread houses decorated with lots of candy. We will hear the Night Before Christmas told by a cute little bear and mouse. We will probably watch some Disney Christmas cartoons that they love. I hope we will get some sleep too.
Tomorrow morning we will have waffles and ice cream--and celebrate my birthday. Yes! I do think I can work up some more Christmas spirit!!!

1 comment:

Larkin said...

The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear. So here goes:

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT. YOU BETTER NOT CRY. BETTER NOT POUT I'M TELLING YOU WHY.
SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!