Monday, December 13, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Time goes too fast! But I really enjoyed my weekend. We had a grandson come to sleep over, and had his cousin come at the last minute to give him some company. I had a quiet evening because they just play together so well. Hubby was working in the concessions at the U during the Gymnastic Meet. I slept so well!!! We had waffles for breakfast and then went to the Mills Kids Party. Our oldest grandson seemed to enjoy his first Christmas party. We had a great time, and I was pleased that those who took charge this year did so well. After 25 years of hubby and I doing it, I know we were ready for a break.
We had a bridal shower for one of the granddaughter's who is getting married at the end of the month. Delightful. I had hubby come and pick me up and we did a little shopping and then went home to check the potatoes that were in the oven.
We packed up gifts, potatoes, and went back for the Adult Party. Again, it was delightful to see everyone and enjoy an evening together.
Sunday was wonderful. We had a gentleman who is a Jew and joined the Church ten years ago. He had some wonderful insights that were inspiring. In the evening we attended the Stake Christmas musical. Very well done! Also enjoyed the refreshments. It was a lovely way to end the Sabbath. Now I'm ready to face the coming week.

No comments: