Saturday, August 1, 2009

Busy days

Boy time flies when you're having fun. Yesterday I took the day to plan menus and master grocery lists, check to see what we already had, get personal items ready, an hour to post pictures on facebook and my blog, clean, and change the living room decor. Today I started moving pretty well. I was fixing breakfast and was trying to reach something in the back of the fridge. I moved one item and the leftover spaghetti from last night came crashing out of the fridge. The lid came off and I had spaghetti all over ME and the floor. Thank heavens the laundry had just started and Frank put my clothes in so they wouldn't stain. Oh, well. After breakfast I went to the grocery store. How can two people eat so much food? Then I had to go to another store to get items I couldn't get at the first one. I have started packing and will do some of the cooking ahead this afternoon. I also need to make two salads for Break the Fast after Church tomorrow. I also have a viewing for a cousin who died. Then Monday we go to Genola, Utah for a funeral. The Spruces will be a welcome change. It will be all worth the preparation.
I was reminded that we not only had a wedding last year, but a funeral also. I hope this is not becoming a yearly tradition.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Sorry about the spaghetti. You should have called and I could have come to help. It sounds like things are coming together for your trip. I hope the Spruces are the best this year, ever. Have a nice time. Love, Bev