Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School


Richard and Sharon Kesler
Bev and Delia
Sue and Judy--Sue got mad because her eyes were closed so we took another one.

Sandy and LaVon
All of us

All of us taken by the people at the next table.
Sue and Judy--Sue kept her eyes open this time.

I remember past years scurrying around trying to get me and my kids ready for the first day of school. Today I am thankful that I could get up and go for a beautiful walk and not worry about being on time. I also completed some of my Monday chores before going with some of my retired friends for breakfast at IHOP. We had a great time reminicing about school days and laughing like we were playing hookey. It was delightful to catch up on what others were doing now that they can choose how they use their time. When I came home, it was almost fun to get more chores done and decide what to do next. Tonight we are going to Hale Theatre to see "The Scarlett Pimpernel". That includes dinner out, probably at Sizzler's. I hope your day was just as delightful.

1 comment:

Larkin said...

Looks like a you had fun!