Monday, August 31, 2009

Four Days without a Computer

I was amazed at how many times in a day I would think of things I needed the computer for--and no computer. Ours CRASHED big time! Hubby finally decided we needed a new one so he went and purchased one. He asked them if they could salvage our links and pictures. They said they could probably save some of it, but it costs $100. He was able to pick it up Friday night. We were gone all day Saturday on a boating party at Pineview Reservior. That was a lot of fun. It was also our 41st Wedding Anniversary. I got one dozen beautiful red roses, some sewing stuff, and Wolfgang Puck cutlery (awesome).
That meant we didn't have time to work on the computer until after we got home at 8 pm. Frank got the Sunday program done and we called it a day. Sunday evening our son and his family came. He is a computer whiz. He checked it out and helped set up our e-mail accounts, facebook, and other links. But he said they hadn't salvaged our links or pictures. He did it for us! I still struggle a little trying to get the computer to do what I want, but I'm back on the computer. And our son went with Hubby today and showed them that they hadn't given us what we had paid for and they gave us a refund. Hopefully, we can get back in the grove and figure out what to do. Thank goodness for computers. I did not like being without it.

3 comments:

Gretzbabi said...

Oh my gosh, how fortunate for your son in law! I hated it when I lost everything. I want an external hard drive now to back things up on, I wonder if those small memory things that you can take with you would work. I know that Costco has good deals on them sometimes. It is terrible how reliant we are on these things. I would be lost and I keep my laptop charged so that when the power goes I can still do face book! Hee hee hee
love ya and Happy Anniversary! That is wonderful!

mombeal said...

Welcome back. Nice to have the computer working. Funny how we have learned to "need" them now. Happy Anniversary. Love the roses idea. Glad you had fun at Pinedale.

Larkin said...

Love you MOM! Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you are back to the world wide web!