Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Yesterday I remembered I would have grandchildren for the weekend. I went to the store to prepare for meals that would be easy. Good idea! Hubby and I met our daughters and grandson for lunch at Cafe Rio. Yummy!! It's been ages since we got together. We brought our grandson home with us. Later in the afternoon we greeted three other grandchildren. Our adventure was started. They played and enjoyed each other so much. We had grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and they went back to playing. We watched Monsters, Inc. and they played some more. Enjoyed the traditional ice cream treat too. Then bedtime--they did a terrific job and we got to sleep at decent hour.
This morning we had sourdough waffles with ice cream. That is quickly becoming a tradition too. They had a lot of fun playing. I'm so glad they enjoy each other so much. Some of us watched "Mary Poppins". They hadn't seen it, so it was fresh and new to them. We played games a little too.
Tonight I get to go to the Relief Society dinner and Conference. I made soup for that and for us. I'm glad to get time to go and enjoy the spirit. I hope you have a great Saturday too.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Sounded like a great day. Glad you had fun with your grandchildren. Nice to see you at the conference. Always nice to see you. It was fun to sit with you at the table even if I didn't sit there for very long. Thank you for saying the opening prayer. I can always count on your support.