Friday, September 11, 2009

Random thoughts

Yesterday I didn't even look at my schedule. I read, sewed, watched TV, and had a great day. I even slept for 9 1/2 hours last night. Today I have sewn pockets on my canvas purse for my keys and cell phone. Now I can find them and don't have to empty my purse to find them. I have also finished a quilt square for quilting club and a square for my next quilt. Wahoo!! Maybe I'll sew again this afternoon. Have a fun Friday!
I also am thankful to see a flag on my front lawn today. I am reminded of the many things that happened eight years ago. Our life has changed a lot because of 9/11. Basically our national security has made huge changes, especially in air flights. We, as Americans, must always remember that our life must be to serve one another. That great message brought hundreds of stories of service as did Hurrican Katrina. We must remember our service men and women, public employees like police and firemen, and those we love. We can carry on a great legacy of service and strive to be like the greatest servant of all, Jesus Christ. I'm glad to be an American and also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Those are two of the greatest blessings of all. Have a great Patriot's Day.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Good for you and your accomplishments. Glad for the great reminders for our blessings. We do live at a great time. I have a white star for you for the flag. They didn't have any yellow ones. See you soon.