Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

I woke up early enough for a good walk in the bright, fresh morning air. It made such a good start to the day. I enjoyed creamed tuna and peas on toast for breakfast, one of my old favorites. I had my chores done by 10 am. WAHOO!! I made some phone calls and spent some time going through some of the boxes with my mother's things. I found a paper from the City-County building that showed they had paid $10 for the Warranty Deed for their lot and could build a home. The home loan was for $7,350 dollars. It was recorded on September 1st, 1948. That was 61 years ago today. I kind of liked that.
Then I went to lunch with my daughter. We went to Bankok Thai and had a fabulous Pad Thai noodle dish with chicken and shrimp. Mmmm!!! Now I'm enjoying QUIET afternoon. My quilt block is ready to square and then I think I'll read for awhile. Tonight we are going up to Jordan Pines for dinner and games with our camping friends. All in all It's a Terrific Tuesday. Hope yours is too.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Busy you! Good job on your quilt block. Interesting about the paper you found and the prices back then. Sounds like you are busy and having fun at the same time.