Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pushing Forward

Yesterday my computer froze, so I didn't get to post. It was a great day! I went for my walk, enjoyed a good breakfast, got some bills paid, and talked to my daughter and grandsons. Then hubby came home and said we could go to one of his customers for an open-house luncheon. We had fun seeing their products and enjoyed BBQ hamburgers and the trimmings. When we got home I hurried to get ready to go to our BYU class. It was delightful and answered some questions I had.
I did get a little sewing done--at least until the bobbin ran out of thread. When Frank got home we left for Snowbird to ride the Tram. It was gorgeous! When we got to the top we could see Heber Valley, American Fork Twin Peaks, and the Salt Lake Valley. The leaves have started to turn in a few areas and the reds were especially beautiful.
Today I took another sunrise walk and remembered to wear a sweater. This is certainly fall weather. When I got home hubby had prepared breakfast and we enjoyed it together. I typed up my class notes to share with the principal at Bennion where I taught. I took them over to him this afternoon and he was elated. I also went to the library to see if I could find a caertain book. I didn't find what I wanted, but I did get some quilting books and the book "Wicked". I have been curious about that book, and even wrote me a note to read it yesterday. Today it practically jumped off the shelf. When will I find time to read? Tonight is our Visiting Teaching dinner and I really enjoy those. If I'm lucky I might even get to the sewing machine this afternoon.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Glad you enjoyed the tram ride. You just don't let grass grow under your feet. I found the fat quarters with the dogs,dog bones, etc. I also found the definition of broadcloth...cotton usually used for shirts. I will bring the book tomorrow night so you can see what I found. I also found a book on quilts that I have two of so you can have the extra one. I picked up the material for my turning twenty backing and a piece of sunflower material we might use for the backing on Gretchen's wall hanging. I'll bring that also. See you tomorrow.