Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy July 24th

Great day in the State of Utah! I woke up at 7 am--and 7:20 am--and 8 am. Finally got going, but I'm glad I could sleep in. We are having a Dutch Oven dinner tonight for our Ward. The Bishopric is preparing the meal. We have Dutch ovens in the kitchen and hopefully remembered all of the ingredients. Frank is cooking BBQ chicken, rice, and a Pineapple Upside-Down cake. The others are cooking their specialties, so it should be a wonderful meal. I've been thinking about some of my pioneer ancestors and I'm so thankful for their willingness to come out West with the Saints. Abigail Sprague Bradford came in 1847 and endured that first hard winter here. We are blessed to have such a great heritage. I hope your July 24th is enjoyable and blessed.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Your ancestors are interesting. We are blessed to have them and for their willingness to come. I think I would have grabbed an arrow and pretended to be dead and just stayed on the prairie until I did die. Not much of a pioneer. Have a great weekend. Love, Bev