Thursday, July 30, 2009

The promise of change.

It seems as soon as I get something planned, everything changes. I'm working and planning towards our vacation next week. Yesterday my sister-in-law and I planned out meals. I got my menus worked out and went to Sam's Club after I got my hair done this morning. Then hubby and I went over the other items we need. Part of the fun of a vacation is planning it I guess. Last year our vacation was interrupted by a family wedding. It was a delightful day, but took one day of our vacation. This year we begin our vacation with a funeral. Our youngest sister-in-law lost her mother this week. So Monday the men will take the motorhomes up the canyon. I'll go pick up another sister-in-law from a doctor's appointment. Then we'll go pick up the men and go to Genola, Utah for the funeral. Life sometimes throws a curve. We need to be ready to change direction and move forward.
I have my quilt ready to tie. It's not a very large one, so it hopefully won't take very long. I'm taking knitting to the canyon. A change of pace! I hope your changes today are small and delightful!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

My condolences. Every year another challenge as you start your vacation. You always see the blessings and that is such a neat example. I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy the beauties all around you. Love, Bev