Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rain Again

Unbelieveable rain this afternoon. Niagra Falls was flowing from the roof over my kitchen window. The sidewalk was a stream and the street was a river. The wind was blowing the rain everywhere. The thunder and lightning seems unending. I'm so thankful for my sturdy, warm home. I wonder what the pioneers did in this kind of weather.
I'm working on quilts this afternoon and taking breaks to look outside. Some of the work is starting to make sense and I'm actually enjoying my sewing--at least until the needle broke. Now where did I put those needles?
I'm also looking forward to the 4th of July weekend. We are so blessed to live in this nation. I love the patriotic songs and time together with family. I also enjoyed pictures of the grandsons on Amie's blog. It doesn't seem possible they were here a week ago--preparing to leave. They are pioneers as they live without furniture and personal belongings. They seem to be doing well considering their sparse living style at the moment. I'm glad the boys have toys and clothing that will get them through. You're a trooper Amie!

2 comments:

Gretzbabi said...

Love that you got to work on the quilt! And yes we got the monsoon too! I thought we would float away!
Enjoyed yesterday so much and today. you are such a supper person!

mombeal said...

I count you right up there with the best of the pioneers! Glad for houses without logs! Did you find your needles? See you maybe tomorrow for the early breakfast. It is great to know someone like you. Love, Bev