Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Day of Blessings

My ten-month old grandson made my day. He laughs at all my silly faces and loves me just as I am. His sweet, innocent smile is priceless! The scale was my friend today too. I made my first goal in improving my health. Celebrate! My special friends also made my day by their love and thoughtfulness as we shared heartaches and boosted each other up. It is so special to have people you can talk to without worrying about hurt feelings or wondering if they think you are weird. We accept each other as we are. We gain peace and strength from one another. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Through all of our trials, we are strengthened by working through them with the help of our Heavenly Father and each other. I am also thankful for the opportunity to go to the Temple tonight. Hopefully I can find a new direction the Lord would like me to go in facing troubles. Actually, I am so blessed that I hesitate to say I have troubles--I know that so many are facing more tribulations than I have ever known. However, my challenges are my own, so I will accept them and go forward with gratefulness. I hope your day is full of blessings!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

I like the teabag analogy. I shall try to remember that one. I hope you are enjoying your time in the temple. Today was wonderful. Thanks to great friends and good conversation. See you tomorrow. Love, Bev