Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wonderful

We had a sweet young lady from Columbia join us for dinner last night. She commented how important it is to follow the promptings we receive. She followed a prompting and it totally changed her sister's life for the better. She was amazed at how quickly the change occurred. Now her sister is celebrating a happy marriage and a new baby daughter. I read a comment by Mary Kay Ash, the cosmetic queen. She said that she imagined people wearing an invisible sign around their necks that read, "Make Me feel important." I am so thankful for the wonderful people in my life that make me feel important. I also see the need to follow the promptings that I get in order to make others aware at how important they are to me. At the same time I hope I can meet their needs when they need a little help. Maybe today I can create a moment of encouragement, a kind word, or a sincere compliment that will make someone else's day. I love the story of the little boy who said, "Dad, let's play darts. I'll throw and you say "Wonderful". I hope your day is wonderful too.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Love you dart game idea. So true and a fun idea. It sounds like your home teaching for the sisters was a success. Glad I get to see you tomorrow. Love, Bev