Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Smile! You're on Candid Camera!

Today started with loud knocking at our bedroom door. I called "come in", but nothing happened. I went and opened the door to our beaming two-year old grandson. "Hi Pampa!". He went over to Grandpa(also called Pampa). Another "Hi Pampa" and he was off down the hall. One minute later he came bouncing in again. "Hi Pampa!" to each of us and back down the hall. He continued running up and down the hall and greeting us with his cheery "Hi Pampa!" over and over. It reminded me of the saying, "Happiness is like jam, you can't spread it around without getting a little on yourself." His cheerful greeting really gave us all a great beginning to our day. Now I think it is my turn to brighten a day for someone. I hope I'll recognize the opportunity when it comes. It makes me feel so good to spread sunshine--OH. Spread sunshine all over the place, just put on a happy face. That song just popped into my head. I love playing a little game when I am out in public places. I give a big smile and see how many smile back. Some times someone will beat me to it with their smile. It is a fun game because even if they don't smile back, you have given one to them--maybe they need it. So I'm off to get my day's work done and hope you meet some special smiles during your day. :)

2 comments:

mombeal said...

Well,I have see a lot of people today and some with odd smiles, but not so many happy smiles. Your comments make me smile so I thank you for that. We went to the Wild Grape for lunch today. It is on South Temple and about 4th East. It is with the Dine Around thing that happens every May. Dan likes to try new places. It was interesting. Not our favorite, but now we know. Maybe next time if we had our tatoos showing we might have felt more at home, but the salad was great and the dessert was made with olive oil really tasted very good. So there is your new idea for dining out. Love, Bev

Gretzbabi said...

What a great morning start! Scatter sunshine all a long the way! I play the same game, and it really works, I also like to sing little ditties while I shop, about love and smiling and friendship. It is great! Can't wait to get my sunshines tomorrow!