Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Great Day

I'm ready for a great day! I have been stressed over others trials lately. My son-in-law has struggled with a bad sprained ankle. My daughter-in-law has been stressed and depressed because they haven't had children. My grandson spent about 7 hours with doctors yesterday. They ruled out strep and pneumonia and then sent him to Primary Childen's Hospital. They found a massive inner ear infection and gave him a shot of penicillin and prescribed amoxicillin. He is also dehydrated and has to have Pedialyte. My granddaughter is at the doctor's right now because of illness. My son might not have a job by the end of this week. My son-in-law has still not heard about his job in Maryland. It is worrisome to not be able to help more with their trials. I read an article this morning that gave me a better perspective of all these worries. It told about the butterfuly struggling to escape its cocoon. A helpful observer, watching its struggle, decided to gently cut the creature's cocoon open and free it. When the wet butterfly emerged, it was unable to fly because what was intended to be helpful had actually prevented the butterfly from strengthening its wings to prepare it for flight. Perhaps the stress we experience strengthens us to be able to blossom or fly in unexpected ways. I'm not saying all stress is good, but the right amount of stress can help us blossom. So I guess I will let them work out their problems and just be part of their cheering squad. Then I can deal with my own challenges in a more productive way. Ask yourself what you most need to learn from your experiences and break through your barrier to become the extraordinary creature you are meant to be...Yes! It is a great day!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Good to remember the story of the caterpillar and the need to struggle for the beauty and strength it brings. Thanks for that reminder. You always have the right thing to say. See you tomorrow. LOve, Bev