Friday, June 26, 2009

Farewell

After arising at 5 am we packed Grandpa's car with dog in crate, suitcases, backpacks, and various necessities for the trip to Maryland. Grandma's car held two grumpy little boys who did not understand why they were awakened so early, their nervous Mom, and a Grandma who needs to enjoy the time we've had together. We took the dog to the cargo building and got her checked in. Then we went to the airport. PEOPLE, PEOPLE, and more people. Lots of missionaries flying out too. I watched the boys while Amie and Frank went to check on the flight and check in luggage. They gave Frank a special pass so he could go through security and help her to the gate. I do not envy a four-hour flight with two little boys. She is well prepared so hopefully they will do all right. The gray, rainy day reflects my mood in a way so I am going to look back to remember the good days. Amie will be my focus today. She is cheerful, and excited about life. She is so playful with her sons. She is an excellent Mom and I am amazed at her energy in taking care of her boys. She is easy to get along with and brightens my day. After seven months together we are still friends. She tries to please others and goes the extra mile. She is a good cook and is branching out with new skills. Loved her homemade cherry pie, even though I couldn't have very much. She has taught me new skills, especially with the computer. I appreciate her willingness to help and her special, dimpled smile. Here's a hug for you Amie! May your adventures in Maryland be wonderful!
Now I'm thinking about what I can do in this long day ahead. I think a trip to JoAnn's might just be the ticket. I'm sure I'll find plenty to do, but my thoughts will be with our sweet little Larkin family.
Amie and the boys made it safely to Maryland. She did get some help at the gate and they seated them right after the first-class passengers. That gave them a chance to settle in before the rest of the passengers loaded. The boys did pretty well. She said Adam did not take a nap---and he's been up since before 6 am. He'll be one tired little boy. He was excited to see his Dad, but he almost passed right by him. It will be good for them to get settled in their new home. It also helps that Dad has completed his first week of work. Now they can start a new schedule for their family.
I also had a great day. When I went to JoAnn's I found a neat little project to work on that I can send to them soon. It really lifted my spirits when I got this idea and gave me something exciting to do. I feel blessed to have something fun and interesting to do to fill the empty space around here. Now I can look forward to my days and appreciate the blessings of our family. I hope thaat those are blessings you can enjoy too.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

So glad things went well at the airport. So glad she made it there safely. So glad for JoAnns and glad you found a project to help you get through the first lonely day. Now after the viewing for Judy's sister which is on Monday, we can help her by keeping her mind busy and going to her house with our machines and having her help us with them. I was there today for a while and she is going through what you and I already know about with too many items on her plate and not being sure if there really is a life after death. So thanks for sharing your day. Kim has changed her mind about lasagne. She won't need our help there anymore. Love, Bev