Saturday, June 27, 2009

With Frank gone to girls' camp, I had a quiet evening just doing whatever came to mind. Loved it! Today I slept in a little, had breakfast, and went for a walk. I visited with a couple of neighbors that were pulling weeds along the way. After reading the paper, I played a game and then straightened the house. It seems odd not to have toys all over. Today I missed Adam's greeting of "Hi Pampa" (he calls both Frank and I Pampa); the patter of his feet; the "ABC" song (which he sings all the time); watching Sesame Street, Little Bear, and Yo Gabba Gabba; Adam's giggle; his coming in to play on our bed before going to his bed; His love of watching for airplanes out the front window or back door; His "Hi Airplane! when he spotted one; his "Bye Airplane" when they went out of sight; fixing PBJ's in triangles; watching something over and over because he loves it; his laughter when Grandpa tickles him; his hugs and kisses; and writing the alphabet over and over in crayon.
It is truly quiet. But today I'm getting reorganized and making plans for more projects. I have loved this past seven and a half months, and I'm going to love the next months because there are so many special things to do. Tonight we will be tending some grandchildren and enjoying their special smiles. Life is good.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Yes, life is good. Great attitude like always. Your description of what you were missing is beautiful. Maybe you should fix yourself a triangle sandwich once in awhile just to remind you of Adam. We had Abbie this weekend and she lost her first tooth with us. She was so surprised and then so excited that she couldn't sit down. Like you said. Life is good. Hope you are having a great Sunday. Love, Bev