Monday, June 22, 2009

I've had a wonderful day so far! Up early for a great walk and then breakfast. We took my grandson to his Play N' Learn group and then did shopping at WalMart. I had lunch with all of my daughters and we laughed and enjoyed being together. The time with Amie is going too quickly. With that in mind, I've been trying to think of good things that will happen when she leaves. Let's see: no more dog to eat half of my banana; no more dog to take care of; no more crying baby; no more ABC song from a cute two year-old; no more fighting for computer time; no more Sesame Street; no more gate on the stairs; no more safety latches on my drawers and cupboards; no more scheduling my car; no more toys to trip on; no more dirty diapers to change; no more little hand prints on my curio cabinet; no more fighting for TV time; no more writing the alphabet in crayons; no more "Candle on the Water" playing at bedtime; no more chasing an adventurous baby that crawls faster than I run; no more "Hi, Airplane"; no more "Bye, Airplane"; No more tending tiny ones (at least not these); no more spooning baby food into a mouth that has two fingers in it; I gain a sewing room; I gain shelves and closets; I gain time to myself; Wait! I think I would give up all of these selfish things to just have them here a little longer! It's still going to be way TOO quiet around here. However, William Penn said, "True silence is to the spirit what sleep is to the body...nourishment and refreshment." So I guess I need to change my attitude a little and find out what is in store for me next. I know that Kyle and Amie need to have their little family together again and move forward. I'm sure that there are some special blessings in store for them too. I hope you have some special things in your life too. You are loved!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

What a great philosopher you are becoming. Wonderful ideas you share. The day you become selfish will be the day that the Pope becomes a Mormon! You are a terrific person. See you soon. I guess Wednesday at the quilt group at the church. Love, Bev