Friday, June 5, 2009

It has been an interesting day. I visited with my daughter at the Boy Scout shop. They are closing it July 19th and then she will work in Centerville. She is doing a project with her mother-in-law. She has a neighbor that she has known all her life and calls her "Grandma". This lady is turning 92 on June 14th and they decided to celebrate her special day with 92 birthday cards. My daughter has made lots of cards and I have been getting people to write a birthday message to her. I took 22 cards to her today and plan on giving more Monday. It has been a fun project. This lady has no family so her neighbor is her family.
Then I went shopping at a neat store. It is Lakeshore Learning Center on 900 East.
They have every book, teaching supplies, science materials, and learning toys that you can imagine. It cost me a pretty penny to get out of there, but boy was it fun. Then I stopped at the cemetary where my parents, grandparents, and some aunts are buried. I didn't make it there on Memorial Day, so it was special to be able to go there today.
I am also enjoying reading "Anne of Green Gables" again. I haven't read it for years and years, but it is just as good now as it was then.
My daughter has started making plans for their move to Maryland. It will probably be a number of weeks before she goes, but we definitely have many things to get ready. Tonight I get to tend the little ones and also have my oldest grandson here for a while. It looks like a busy weekend is here and I think it will be fun too. Hope yours is the best weekend ever.

2 comments:

Gretzbabi said...

I am so happy for L & k that they are FINALY able to plan and go! What a wait for those poor kids. You are such a stength for them both! Wow you are really going to have fun this weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it!

mombeal said...

What a fun shopping trip for you! It sounds like things are really coming together for everyone and that's neat. I don't think I could find my relatives at the city cemetary. I'm glad your weekend is going to be wonderful. We went to an AARP meeting this morning in Tooele to learn about keeping the brain sharp and met my favorite cousin there. So it was a fun experience. Keep smiling. Love, Bev