Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday

Wow! The days go so fast! I went for a walk after breakfast and love the cooler air. It was also nice to have a little sunshine. My daughter took her oldest son to a play group and I tended the little one. We had fun, but he was ready for his nap fairly soon. When he went down, I attacked the kitchen. Ouch! What a disaster! After I got the kitchen done, I read the paper and cleaned up around the house. It made a nice break. We cleaned the family room and A got a phone call saying her son's Speech Therapist was coming. We had lunch and I tended the little one while big brother had his lesson. Then I went to the grocery store. There was a little rain when I left, but when I was ready to load the groceries into my car it had stopped. When I got home the rain pounded down. At least I was lucky enough to not get soaked--umbrella notwithstanding. We fixed dinner and my daughter made a cherry pie from scratch. UMMMMMM! It feels good when you get a number of things done and have accomplished something during the day. Our family room is becoming stacked with boxes that they have packed to go in the car to go to Maryland. I guess I will have to accept the fact that they will be gone soon. It has been a lot of fun having them here. Have to make the next few weeks really count. Have a great week!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

You were lucky to miss the rain and not get soaked. The Lord was watching out for you. We found a ten minute period when we could get the front lawn cut inbetween the down pours. Then we had a neighborhood party tonight and the sun came out. Heavenly Father does indeed look out for us. I love you. Bev