Monday, April 6, 2009

Daily Writing

I am really enjoying writing every day. It helps me process my thoughts and clarify what should be my focus. This morning I was reading a book on how to make our life more productive and be aware of happiness in our lives. She recommends that you write every day for 15-20 minutes. If you only get rid of "garbage" that is bugging you, it is worth the time. She said that you will begin to write things that will help you focus on the priorities. Wow! I could have written that book! I had trouble finding things to write about at first, but now I have a whole list of ideas. I have some new challenges to address with my health after visiting the Diabetes educator. I am increasing insulin by 2mm, beginning thyroid medication, and learning how to count carbs. Next week I meet with the dietician and get more specific instructions. I'm excited to press forward and gain control of this disease instead of letting it control me. Anyone for a walk?

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Good for you! Isn't it interesting how writing is such a therapy. I'm glad you are doing it. I enjoy reading your words. I'm really glad you have found a doctor that is working with you. Did you hear that Clyde Lee passed away? He is a good man. Well now we can compare our thyroid pills. LOL. I took D to Olive Garden today and it was a fun experience. I'll share the detail when I see you on Thursday. Glad we have our Thursday get togethers. Love, Bev