Thursday, April 23, 2009

Golden Rule

I was reminded by a sweet friend the importance of treating others as you would like to be treated. You never know what heartache, pain, or suffering is hidden in someone's life. One saying that teaches this is: "Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak...because in your life you will have been all of these." If you live the Golden Rule everything in life will work itself out. If you don't live the Golden Rule, life will not have much happiness or meaning. Today I resolve that I will look for those who need a hug, a smile, and a listening ear. I know that in itself will make my day better. Thanks for the reminder!

2 comments:

mombeal said...

You do that automatically anyway. Thanks for all the hugs and listening ears you've always sent my way. Have a great weekend. Love, Bev

Gretzbabi said...

And you do hug, smile and live by the Golden Rule, you are awsome and I would love to give you a hug for that! Enjoy the ride!