Friday, April 24, 2009

I hope you have had the chance to see the YouTube performance by Susan Boyle on Britian's Got Talent. I am drawn to it every day and still get a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat. This frumpy, unemployed lady took the courage to try for her dream at the age of 47. Millions have seen her performance that brought the skeptical audience to their feet after singing only four notes. When you watch it, you grin at the faces of the audience and judges as they see this talented lady win over everyone instantly. We, too, can choose to be courageous and set out to make our goals. It's another take on "eating a frog" to get the worst chore of the day done. One saying is: Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, "I will try again tomorrow." Some days seem as though we take ten steps backward instead of forward. But we need to stop and remember that we too can have success if we work for it. So, even though this week has had its challenges, I have made some progress and I will take courage and continue on until I see surprised faces of those who might not think I will succeed, especially ME! Oh, yes. I sometimes don't think I will make it, but I am learning things that will help me, so look out--here I come! Its always nice to feel like you can get back on track and finally get to the goal. Onward!

2 comments:

mombeal said...

With your positive attitude you will definitely succeed. Keep a camera handy for those kodak moments when people see you and say "What the?" Those will be priceless as people will swallow their teeth who haven't seen you in a while. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work and thanks so much for sharing your positive ideas. Love, Bev

Gretzbabi said...

The times get tough when you see your friends downing hot bread sticks and you can't, sorry, I will try to be more positive for you. I am looking a carbs and trying to fit less into the day, not easy, but you are such an inspiration. I love you thought process and your lovely spirit to share and help others, thanks!