Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Reflections

How blessed we are to have this yearly reminder of Repentance and Hope. Easter brings new life and growth to us all, just as the season of Spring does. We have such great blessings that I sometimes take for granted. I appreciate this opportunity to make some changes in my life and know that I have a cheering committee to do so. My Heavenly Father has such patience and love that I see exhibited in so many ways. "Change comes bearing gifts." (Price Pritchett) As I think about this thought I realize that I must be willing to make some changes. It is NOT easy, but we will always have change, so we need to make a choice about how we react to change. Either we manage change or it manages us. I am reminded of the saying "To get what you've never had, you must do what you've never done." I guess as I realize these blessings I need to just lace up my running shoes and discover what I can uncover on a new trail. I'm sure there are some new facets in my life that I can use to make this journey a rewarding one. I also recognize that I will make mistakes along the way, but we can change those failures into rewards. Henry Ford said, "Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." Oh how thankful I am that I can still move forward when I make Mistakes. The Atonement is the greatest blessing we have and I am reminded of this each Easter season. May your Good Friday be peaceful and rewarding.

1 comment:

Gretzbabi said...

I love to read your comments and I love the saying! Change is good!