Saturday, April 11, 2009

Slow Down

I had a scary morning and I don't know why. I got up to fix breakfast and almost passed out. I quickly went in to lie down until it passed. I checked my blood sugar and it was 107--a good reading. I had breakfast, but have been kind of borderline=not much energy. I think that is a signal that I need to learn a little more about listening to my body. Our body can tell us many things if we learn to listen. Sometimes we have to learn to hang on until the storms blow out. I have been drinking fluids and taking it easy with my family. It would be nice to always have all the energy I want, but I think it simply means to take a deep breath and move forward a little more slowly. I had thought I would go for a walk because I enjoyed yesterday's walk so much, but Monday will bring another opportunity. I found a saying that tells a little of how I feel. "Sometimes I get the feeling that the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that is not true. Some of the smaller countries are neutral." (Robert Orben) If I enjoy life and a little bit of humor to spice it up, things will improve. Patience and time will help me get through adversity. I hope your day is beautiful, peaceful, and a lot of fun!

2 comments:

mombeal said...

Oh dear...now you be careful.. My sister is going through the same virus. It won't let go of her. She won't go to a doctor. Trudy is fighting it, too. Hope you are feeling better. You take good care. LOve, Bev

Gretzbabi said...

It is funny how our bodies have to show us up every once in a while. You are so gunge hoe! I want you to slow and put it in pace with a consistence you can handle, I had to slow down on my curves but I really used that as an excuse! I wish I had you knowledge and your ability to go for it. It is the enduring part we have to pace ourselves for! I love you and hope that you feel better soon, I loved you counts, way to go, but your body is probable balking for lack of carbs, be careful not to loose to much of that, it is necessary evil! love you