Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Taking care of three grandchildren for four days is easy. Just get up, fix breakfast, get everyone ready for the day--brush teeth, pack backpacks, get reading assignment done, fix lunches, have scripture story and prayer, off to school, take little one to pre-school, take a deep breathe, and get ready for after school. Then its pick up little one, get after school snack ready, get homework done, practice for music lessons--piano and guitar. Prepare dinner and get oldest off to Roadshow performance. Then its bedtime stories, get ready for bed, have prayers, and tuck everyone in. Repeat for the next three days. Now I know why I had my own kids when I was young. However, the special hugs and kisses are well worth it. It was also fun watching the three-year old and the two-year old that lives with me playing. They would chase each other around the table and play stop and go and laugh like crazy. There's my reward!

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Now you remember what you did for so many years and had so much fun doing it then. Right? You have such a great attitude and I just love you your great example. Your grand childen have a great grandma and grandpa. See you tomorrow. I can hardly wait to tell you both who I saw and shook hands with tonight. Love, Bev