Saturday, April 4, 2009

Gratitude Day

Today I'm looking for the things I have instead of the things I "wish" I had. There is no sense in wishing away our life waiting until something happens to come along. No more "things will be better when summer comes"; I'll be happy when.....; When I lose weight; When I am on vacation; or someday..... to make me happy. I am going to enjoy what I have now. I have a sweet hubby, six wonderful children, six special children by marriage, eight fantastic grandchildren, four granddogs, and marvelous extended family. I have a warm, comfortable home, and a car that runs. I have special, dear friends that brighten my day and excellent neighbors. I know that my Redeemer lives and I love the callings I have to serve Him and others. I have good, caring doctors that are helping me make some much needed changes. I have beautiful mountains that are always magnificent. I have lotions, water, TV, scrapbooking, newspapers, libraries, sudoku, the Wii, popcorn, fresh fruit, places to go, restaurants to go with loved ones, and the scriptures. I can walk, see, hear most things, use my hands, brain, and heart and serve others. I can keep busy and yet take a nap when I want to. Life is GOOD! Hope yours is too.

2 comments:

mombeal said...

Life is much better with friends like you. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Today Conference was just for D and I. Sorry there was nothing for the rest of the world.LOL It certainly did touch my heart with your sweet words of understanding. I love you and I am so proud of what you are doing for you. Love, Bev

Gretzbabi said...

What a great reminder to who we are and where we should be. Gratitude for all around us and finding out how really great we all are, even the ever present push to be better yet accept who we are and where we are! I love knowing you!