Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rambling thoughts

I'm feeling better today and slowly working back into doing a little more. We are having company for dinner tonight and working on the house and food. I'm doing the salad and dessert and my son-in law is doing the rest. I have also figured out what I can eat and have my plan in place. At the same time I need to recognize which things I can't do right now. I need to look at my priorities and do the best I can. Sometimes that means I have to say "No" politely but firmly. My dance card is full right now. I read a review of Marie Osmond's new book, "Might as Well Laugh About it Now", and I loved the idea that sometimes we just have to laugh now. Life can throw us some curves--all of us get them. Laughter helps us cope with the stresses and see life in a better perspective. So much for my rambling thoughts. Back to work. Hope your day is full of love, laughter, and progress.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

I like your comment about your dance card is full right now. And it is alright to say, "no". Now you understand why sometimes I just leave parties early rather than stay when they start eating and all of that stuff. It is just easier than trying to be polite and say no thank you. But you are doing g-r-e-a-t. Love Bev