Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feel Good Day and Earth Day

Today I needed a "feel good" day. Sometimes we have to make our own joy and laughter. I've heard the saying that laughter is to the soul what soap is to the body. So today I will smile and laugh. Having lunch with dear friends gave a supportive, warm, happy feeling. Walking around the block brought smiles with blossoms, flowers, and birds singing. My youngest granchild filled our house with laughing over the smallest little things. One article I read suggested busting out with a silly laugh when you are in the dumps. You would have to go somewhere where you are alone, then people don't label you as crazy. Once you start laughing over doing something so silly, the endorphins in your brain will have kicked in and you have a whole new attitude. I haven't done that yet, but I think I will before the day is over just to have some fun! The choice to be happy can make or break your day. When shopping have you ever been waited on by someone with a smile and cheery greeting? It can make the whole day better. In contrast have you ever been waited on by someone who makes you wish you weren't there? They are grouchy and frowning. I decided I would rather be remembered as the smiling, happy one. No matter what your challenges are today, I hope you have a feel good day with smiles.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Your smile is always contagious for me. Great advice today and I'm anxious to see you. Love, Bev