Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Self-report

Gorgeous day! I had the best blood sugar level this morning that I've had in years. I have put some tools in place to help me with my quest, so I'm ready for the day. In the book I'm reading it talks about listening to our bodies to recognize the dynamic rhythm of activity and rest. It says that it is essential in our stress filled world to identify what our body needs. Many of the medical maladies that afflicts our generation are related to our inablity to rest and restore energy before moving on. I believe this is true for our spiritual needs too. It says, "Remember, you want your life to be a marathon not a hundred-yard-dash, so pace yourself." If your body is a temple, begin treating it like one. I know I need to do that. I need to take a daily survey of how I'm feeling each day and recognize when I can step up and when to back off. If I keep progressing forward then that is enough. May you each have a day of peace and plenty and treat yourself as the royalty you are.

1 comment:

mombeal said...

Thank you for the reminder as to who you and I and Gretz really are. Glad your test was so good. We are all great women and just need to be reminded of that and if we have to remind ourselves so be it. So glad you are writing. Thanks so much. Love, Bev