Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Eat That Frog!

Today I will Eat That Frog. That's the title of my other new book. I talks about procrastination. Mark Twain once said that if the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that it is probably the worst thing that will happen to you all day long. I have so many ideas in my head that I decided I would do my writing first and then "eat my frog". Because of our fears (see March 31 entry) we often postpone things we don't want to do for some reason or another. If we get busy and face that challenge, we gain control. So that is my decision for today--eat the frog.
It is April 1st--April Fool!!!! When I changed my calendar and then looked outside I could swear that it is January. OHH Well!! Onward. Today I slept in--but I really didn't want to. However, my son-in-law had cooked breakfast and they were ready to leave to take their two-year old son to his play and learn group that he attends twice a week. They took both boys and left me and the dog home alone.. So I have some quiet time all my own to choose what to do. That's why I decided to write first to figure out what my frog was today. I'm being pampered by my s-i-l as he has taken over the cooking and shopping for me this week. He has worked as a chef and is an excellent cook. They decided to do the grocery shopping while they waited for their son to finish his class. So I'm off to eat my frog....do my exercising for the third day in a row. I hope I can do it with enthusiasm---just like the dog when she goes out in the snow to do her thing. She jumps into the snow and runs all over the yard. She loves it. So...Here I go!!! YES!!!!

2 comments:

mombeal said...

Good for you! Thank you for telling me who said about eating a frog. They had that saying up when I went in for my mammogram but no author. Did you jump right in today? Keep up the good work. You can do it. I had to jump right in because of our early presidency meeting before we went downtown. Sister Beck of General RS President is a wonderful lady and so are her counselors. It was well worth our time and hard benches. I am anxious to see you tomorrow also. Love, Bev

Gretzbabi said...

What a great idea! i am catching up with reading you and wondering why you haven't done it so much! I love your writing, the things of inspiration! Thanks so much!